Week 3 Rankings - Tight Ends
The following are my Week Three rankings for standard league (non-PPR) teams.
1. Rob Gronkowski @ Baltimore - Expect more targets with Aaron Hernandez out.
2. Jimmy Graham vs Kansas City - Not only is it the Jimmy Graham, but Chiefs have allowed 50 yards or more as well as a touchdown to each of their last two opponents.
3. Brandon Pettigrew @ Tennessee - Tennessee has allowed 20 catches, 227 yards and three touchdowns to opposing tight ends in their first two games combined (against New England and San Diego).
4. Vernon Davis @ Minnesota - Not on the Davis train yet, but he is getting hot.
5. Dennis Pitta vs New England - I'm really high on Pitta. New England has give up 11 catches to opposing tight ends in their first two games. Pitta is tied for the most amount of red zone targets in the NFL, so another touchdown is forseeable in this game.
6. Tony Gonzalez @ San Diego - This guy never quits.
7. Brent Celek @ Arizona - Played great last week and could have a similar performance with Jeremy Maclin sitting out.
8. Antonio Gates vs Atlanta - How banged up is this guy? It's non-stop injury. I'm concerned, but he says it's 'night and day' from last week. We'll see about that.
9. Kyle Rudolph vs San Francisco - The 49ers have given up a touchdown to opposing tight ends in Week 1 and Week2.
10. Jermichael Finley @ Seattle - Talent isn't talent when talent doesn't produce.
11. Jason Witten vs Tampa Bay - Romo finally looking to go away from Witen. We'll see. I want to see him get more targets.
12. Owen Daniels @ Denver
13. Scott Chandler @ Cleveland - Touchdown in each of his first two.
14. Brandon Myers vs Pittsburgh - This kid has caught all of his 11 targets. While some say it can't continue, I say, why not?
15. Heath Miller @ Oakland - When Pittsburgh said they want to use Miller more, they weren't joking. He has seven reveptions and two touchdowns in the first two games.
16. Jermaine Gresham @ Washington
17. Coby Fleener vs Jacksonville
18. Jacob Tamme vs Houston - I'm staying away from anyone playing Houston right now, who has allowed just 17 points in their first two games.
19. Anthony Fasano vs New York Jets
20. Fred Davis vs Cincinnati - Love this guy's stillset, but apparently Robert Griffin III doesn't. Still holding out hope for something.
21. Jared Cook vs Detroit
22. Marcedes Lewis @ Indianapolis - Don't see him replicating Week 1 for a while. He's turned into a blocker.
23. Antony McCoy vs Green Bay - McCoy shredded Dallas last week, but so did the entire Seahawks offense. He looked ike Russell Wilson's top target.
24. Dallas Clark @ Dallas
25. Lance Kendricks @ Chicago
Thanks for checking out my tight end rankings. Looking for a fantasy football companion to help you out with your weekly activations? Look no more, just follow me on Twitter (@TheFFAddict), and any question you ask is answered. Poof! Looking for my other Week 3 rankings? Links to those are below.